Seems like those lyrics were in my head all day today as I did return to the working world and try to begin my school year. Things were off to a rocky start as I spent 5 minutes last night working on getting the alarm set to just the right time, BUT obviously forgot to flip the switch into the ON position!! I am blessed with a God that loves me, because I rolled over and woke up with enough time to get ready and still be on time. The first day back is usually filled with lots of meetings... and today was no different. We spent the entire morning listening to presentations and it was a struggle to stay focused. They say that the average person has an attention span equal to the number of years old they are. I'd say I hung in there with the 60-70 year old crowd, but after that, I was hurtin to pay attention!!

The kids spent some time back in a more normal routine and I think that it was good for both of them. I did get lots of hugs and love today which shows me that they noticed I wasn't around as much as normal. That made my heart feel good. Karis had a real treat today on her first day back with Suzanne. She got to ride with John and Suzanne as they delivered their latest foster baby to meet his "Forever Family". Suzanne said that Karis told the nurses at the Children's Home that she was going to get a new Mommy and Daddy tomorrow. When they asked how she was going to do that, she simply told them that Suzanne would take her to meet them. Guess I better step it up a bit or I might lose my job as Mommy!!!! :)

We have scheduled a meeting to talk about Graham's school year coming up and we are praying that things will be put in place to help him have a wonderful year. We want him to be able to hit the ground running rather than dragging feet like we did this past year waiting on things to happen. His teacher is a wonderful girl that I went to high school with. She is a quiet, calm, sweet girl. I think that will be a gift for Graham to have her... let's just hope she feels that way about him as the year goes on!!

Well, as reality has set in, the Tucks prepare to hold on for the ride. Don't blink ya'll, it's about to get interesting!!!

4 comments:

Brian said...

Great to see you are back where you belong. We have been in school for two weeks. The kids are not bad at all. I am enjoying them. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chic,

I hope this week is going great!! To be honest I am getting a little anxious about the next few weeks and what our "new normal" will be. At least I will be able to clean my house and I promise to take pictures b4 the kids get home in the afternoons...

Katie said...

Hope reality is going well!

The Smittys said...

Hope today went ok. We have been praying for all of you today!