We have returned from paradise... or at least as close as we can get this side of the Pearly Gates! The Flynt girls and our families all spent a glorious week at Oak Island and had a fantastic time. This was our first full week together. We've done shorter trips before, but not a full week of "togetherness". It was awesome to see all 5 of the kids play together and to spend some time with Meredith and Micah. We live only three streets away, but we don't see nearly enough of each other.

Our week began last Saturday as we loaded up everything you could possibly need for a week at the beach and then some into Nana's van and headed southeast. We had to make a stop at Radio Shack for batteries, at Nana's house for a water bottle and then a short trip back home to get my cell phone, which actually ended up being on silent in the bottom of my purse! Ever have one of those crazy starts to a vacation that you begin to think if you will ever actually leave town??? Our trip was long- as you can imagine that traveling with 2 kids for 4 hours would be, but we survived. I even got to put my Girl Scout/Social Studies teacher skills to work as I had to read the atlas to get us around several traffic tie ups along the way. We pulled into Lowes Food at 4:30 to pick up our Lowes Food to Go order (If you haven't tried this luxury, it is worth it for those special times when you either don't have the time to shop for yourself or the sanity to do it with small children in tow.) Did I mention that we left at 10:25 Saturday morning? BUT, we made it in one piece.

I'll post things about our trip as the week goes on, but I did upload the slideshow of the highlight pictures. I'll try to get to other highlights soon!

Off to do my homework... my workshop for school assigned 50+ pages of reading for tonight to be discussed tomorrow. There are only 7 people total in the class, so I guess it would be pretty obvious if I don't at least skim pretty well.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

be thankful it's only a 6 hour trip. I can't say I really recommend the 13-15 hour trip we make for our family vacation each year...so fun with kids! :) but, family beach trips are always worth it. I thought of you when Connolly was brushed by a jellyfish this year. When she was better within an hour, I told her the story of when you were stung so badly! good times...:)

The Tucks said...

We relived the awful sting this trip as well and I was very fearful for the kids until we talked to the guy at the aquarium. I can remember all to well that trip... well most of it. I think I lost a day or so sleeping off those drugs they gave me at the Prime Care! Those were fun days!!!!!! I sure hope my kids have friends like I had to grow up with- they'll be blessed if they do!

Shay said...

I love the pictures!!

We do Lowes Foods to go when we go on vacation and I agree with you it is the most awesome thing. It is so nice to not have to go shopping after you get unpacked.

This year after my Bday I am going to buy myself a GPS with my Bday $$!!

Jayne said...

CUTE pictures! I am glad you had fun!

Jayne