We have been working on our BLOG for about the past week off and on once the kids went to sleep. We toyed with a variety of different templates (several of those were a BEAR to deal with) and finally got things just about how we wanted them. No matter what we do, we can't get rid of that DANG DASH up there. Hours have been spent working within the blogger template as well as scouring the html/css code to see if we can get rid of it. NO LUCK!

Last night as I was rebuilding the site (we deleted it and started over from scratch in an effort to ditch the dash!), I recalled a sermon Joey gave about a month ago about making the DASH between our date of birth and date of death count. I have received the email story about the DASH several times in addition to hearing the sermon on it, and I began to think that perhaps that DASH was there on our page to remind us of that message. No matter what we did, we couldn't get rid of it. It was there to stay.

Each time I pull up the page to look over what we have done, that DASH is staring me in the face. Each time someone visits our page, that DASH will be there looking at them as well. When I look at the page now, I am reminded that each day I have choices to make on how I live my life. When they engrave my headstone at the end of my life, I want there to be a giant, fat, crazy-big DASH on there so that all who pass it will know that I squeezed every last drop out of life and that I did my best to love others with the grace and love that God has shown to me.

So what is the DASH for on our page?? Trust me, it wasn't designed by us to be there, but I think that perhaps God had a plan for it's stubborn presence in our title. After loathing it for almost a week now, I have come to embrace it and use it to remind me of my choices in life.

We hope that you will see that DASH and think of how you are filling that space between your birth and death. We hope that each of you are living your lives to the fullest and that most importantly, your life is filled with the love of God.

Who knows, we may start at trend of DASHes in blog titles ... I doubt it, but since we can't get rid of ours, we've decided to love it!

2 comments:

Brian Leimone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Leimone said...

i am very impressed by all your html knowledge. great blog! and great application of the dash! thanks for reminding me of that illustration - i needed that.